Summer break is almost here…or maybe it is already here for some kids. There are lots of ways to have fun during the summer. But summer can be a great time to do something new or impact the lives of others. Here are 10 ideas of things a kid can do during the summer that will make a difference in their own life or the lives of others.
- Memorize a Bible verse a week…or maybe a chapter. If you are looking for a really BIG challenge, memorize Proverbs 3:1-15.
- Do something kind for someone every day. (Don’t forget that your brothers and sisters need kindness too)
- Learn a new skill. Maybe you would like to learn to draw or juggle or do magic tricks.
- Read a book a week.
- Ask your parents for a special new assignment each week, such as a new chore you could master.
- Learn to cook (with some help from an adult).
- Play a game that your younger brother or sister likes each week.
- Write a letter to a different school friend each week to ask how their summer is going.
- Learn about the lives of kids in a different country.
- Start a journal. Write a few sentences about what you did or how you felt each day.
Whatever you decide to do this summer, make sure that you always remember:
I need to make the wise choice.
I can trust God no matter what.
I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
Have a great summer!